Monday, November 3, 2008

Bates Teachers

Let me say a brief word about so-called Bates teachers.

First of all, the disclaimer is in order. I am NOT a Bates teacher. I am not a vision improvement teacher. This just happens to be a topic of extreme interest to me. Yet, I see so many attempts on internet to scam unsuspecting customers to part with their money—it just gets to me. My advice is not to buy any of the vision improvement programs, especially the ones that “guarantee the results”. Nothing in this life is guaranteed.

Saying that I can promise that if you are unfamiliar with the Bates method you will learn more from this blog for free than from these overhyped and overpriced products. I might even design an email course but only if the need arises. I will not try to sell you any vision improvement products. I might recommend some books and provide links to Amazon.com but that’s all.

Saying that, the only book you need to find about the Bates method is the book by Dr. Bates himself. In lots of cases it can be checked out from your local library and thus won’t cost you a penny. Yes, there are some good authors like Margaret D. Corbett, mostly direct disciples of Dr. Bates, whose books are worth reading but all the modern stuff is just a half-digested rehash of Bates and other half-baked ideas. What Bates offers is a very clear system. The modern books just don’t cut through. They will tell you the usual BS like if you are myopic it is because you do not want to see the world around you. Total baloney. Stay away from those.

Some people do learn better under the guidance of the competent teacher but it’s up to you to find one if you decide to go this way. I personally think you do not need any teacher, what you need is the right knowledge and how to apply it.

No comments: