Monday, March 30, 2009

Eyesight and Glare

Recently I noticed that it’s hard for me to look at the distance. The problem is not just straining but because of the awful glare. It is probably caused by smog though the town is fairly small and the place is far from the freeway.

Thomas (my follower) who has good eyesight reported the same effect so I know it’s not just my eyesight but something in the air. The glare is so bad that sometimes I want to put on dark shades (and I don’t even have a pair).

The situation is so bad that sometimes it is almost painful to look out of the window. However, if I look from the inside, it’s all right. It’s not really painful but sometimes my eyes would tear and I actually feel tremendous strain. I wonder if it is the consequences of the “ozone hole”.

1 comment:

Oleg Krupnov said...

Hahaha, and then you write the over-cautious post about how supposedly harmful is sun gazing and using the burning glass to focus the sun rays on the white part of the eyeballs. To your information, the photophobia, the symptoms you describe are the direct indication to treat your eyes with the sun! Read the Chapter XVII and check my blog where I describe how to apply the burning glass on yourself: http://krupnov.blogspot.com/2007/09/how-to-use-burning-glass-on-yourself.html It should help you quickly and your vision will also improve!